Safety eyewear provides protection from spray and splatter from particles, liquids and dust, and from chemical product fumes and radiation.
How to protect yourself?
Select the most suitable protective glasses or shields.
- Identify the type of risk: spray, radiation, other, …
- Determine the type of protection: spectacles-type safety glasses, goggles, face mask, cover goggles.
- Note the protective features: scratch-resistant, fog-resistant, tinted, ...
- Select the type of eye-piece: one-piece or double lens.
- Choose the frame type: design, classical, …
Special filters can eliminate certain parts of light and a high proportion of the electro-magnetic spectrum (ultraviolet rays, infrared rays…).
Lens marking is composed by 2 numbers (separated in the middle by a "-"):
to 16 (the lowest % of transmission in visible light, the darkest lens)